Okay this guy is seriously hard core. He makes us look like wusses.
You are surfing posts written on November 19th, 2008
I had a dream yesterday. No, not one of those inspirational Dr. King dreams. His dreams made sense, whereas mine are just bizarre.
The weird thing is all this time I’ve been working out I haven’t really had any dreams or at least not any I remembered. Perhaps this was the problem, perhaps there was a blockage that needed to be cleared or something. Whatever it was I’m pretty sure it worked because last night I was madly, unspeakably in love with Gene Hackman. Gene Hackman!
Now of the many men in the Hollywood circuit whose movies I love (and lets be honest the guy makes mostly great movies) Gene has never been on my top 10 list. Why you ask? Well a quick check at IMDB tells me he was born in 1930. That might go a long way in explaining why I’ve always thought of him as older. He was 49 when I was born (and so was Sean Connery).
The weird thing was the dream was quite vivid but totally illogical:
1) I was in love with Gene Hackman as in I wanted MAD make out sessions. (No, nothing more, apparently even in dreams there is a level beyond which I will not go on the weird-out scale). I didn’t actually make out with him but we held hands and he was very sweet.
2) I lost all my earrings and I was frantically crying looking for my earrings. (Oddly Gene disappeared when I was searching, bum) How this relates to Gene Hackman I have no friggin’ clue.
3) And suddenly the earrings all re-appeared but without earring backings. You know those little things you stick on the end? It’s like a little ball of plastic? Well, I’d lost all of them.
4) But I found them (I would, apparently make a crackerjack gumshoe).
5) They were on one side of a huge king-sized bed that Katherine Heigl was sleeping on.
6) How I knew where to find her, I don’t know. It was just a random hotel room somewhere, it wasn’t even one of those gorgeous suites you see in magazine layouts. Apparently Katherine Heigl is frugal in my dream, go K.
Now here is the interesting part. I wasn’t attracted to Katherine. Apparently even when I’m making out with men old enough to be my grandfather I’m not switching teams. I’m uncertain whether I should be comforted by that or not. Katherine Heigl is way hotter then Gene and I’m sure he’d agree. However…
All I could think was she has my earring backings. So I quietly picked up my earring backings and put them in my Gladware jewelry box while trying not to wake her up.
I did notice she was Hollywood hot even while sleeping and I was totally jealous of her amazing skin.
But I was mostly ticked off that she had my earring backings. Why Katherine, why?
So that’s it, the sum total of my freaky dream. I made out with Gene Hackman and frantically picked up earring backings from a bed where Katherine Heigl was sleeping.
Other random things you should know about me? I barely ever wear jewelry. I have plenty I just don’t wear it. I have no idea why. Probably laziness.
And I do in fact keep my jewelry in a Gladlock container. *see picture* I have a lovely jewelry box at my place but it’s doesn’t travel well and I’ve been going back and forth to my parents house a lot. Gladlock travels better.
That’s all I can think of at the moment. If I come up with anything else I’ll edit this post. In the meantime, you’ll have to excuse me, I have to go burn my dreamcatcher now
P.S. Any of you with dream interpretation skills I’d LOVE to know what this means.
Seriously, I’m in major carb-craving mode. Chips, cookies, rice, bread, cereal–you name it, if it’s mainly a carbohydrate, it is not safe around me at this time.
yes, I’m getting close to that time of the month again. Why does this happen? It’s totally unfair. We gain weight, get moody, eat everything within reach, have cramps and we’re expected to carry on like we haven’t a care in the world.
Plus, we’re supposed to be exercising during this time of chaos. What a fucking joke.
I did it last month. Actually, I was quite proud of myself last month because the week I started the program was the week I started. And usually, that’s my best reason not to exercise. But I ignored my desire to use the best excuse and faux-jogged my way through it.
I’ll do it this time too, but let me tell ya. I won’t like it.
And I’m not going to stop eating this damn loaf of bread either. I don’t care what you say.